Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Queenstown (still but not for much longer)


Hi!!!

Things have cooled down here a bit in Queenstown. Both activity wise and temperature wise. It's cold and super rainy here today!! It doesn't really snow in town, but the rain is intense and super cold when you only brought one pair of tennis shoes and they're soaked through... :-/ But I'm surviving.

We haven't done much in the last few days. Kind of been taking it easy, shopping around town, reading, and such. It's been nice, but I think I'm ready to move on.

Our roadtrip to Christchurch has been canceled because Mary has to work this weekend so I'm going to go up myself. I actually just booked a bus tour of all of New Zealand. It's the same company that Leslie did one with when she first got here and she loved it. It's extremely flexible. The pass is valid for a year and you can get off the bus wherever you want and stay however long, work for a few weeks or months or whatever and then get on the next bus when you're ready. I will most likely leave Queenstown on Sunday morning and the bus goes straight to Christchurch so I will still meet up with Emily and stay there for a bit. After that it continues up to Wellington. I'm really excited to see Wellington. It's supposed to be like Portland and Seattle combined.

So I'm pretty much just playing it by ear!! I suspect I will need to start working somewhat soon if I want to save any money for more traveling, but it shouldn't be too hard to find work. I'm still interesting in Woofing too.

Sorry there's not much to report this time! I have been taking a few pictures. Now I just have to remember to bring my camera with me so I can put them up.

Miss you all and the warmth of Colorado.

Love, Laura

4 comments:

  1. Hi! (Finally!!!),

    Your blog hates me. I've tried to post a comment three timed now. Here's the short version.
    Go to Christchurch and stay until Sunday. Then, move on to Wellington, and stay long than ten days. Once, there give me your shipping address A.S.A.P.!!!!! I have a "package-o-gifts" From my Mom, Brandi, Michelle, and I!
    Michelle and I had breakfast Monday and caught up. It was nice. We are so proud of you for Bungee Jumping!!! It has been concurred that you must bring back the new thrill seeking Laura a.k.a. (Sausage Wallet) here.
    Keep having a great and fantastic time!
    Oh, and take some pictures of your new cutie Kiwi guys ; )

    Miss and Love Ya,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there sister! Holy crap that's awesome you managed to toss yourself off a bridge voluntarily. Hmm, that didn't come out right, did it? You know what i mean! I'm really happy to hear you're having fun. And I can't wait to come visit. And thanks for the nice note! The new house is great, I think we found some good tenants who wont' destroy the place. I want more details about the snow conditions there! Powder, really? I always thought it would be like the Alps where there's all that treacherous invisible ice under a gorgeous inch or two of pow. Good to hear otherwise. Have a great bus trip! We miss you! love, Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the powder was nuts!! Skiing here definitely doesn't compare with colorado tho. The thing is, the slopes are shorter and steeper for the most part. There are no trees. So what happens is rather than becoming like speed skiiers people do crazy technical stuff and tricks. Jumps. Lots of jumps. Which is awesome. Everyone's really good, but it's not my style. Definitley glad I went. It's worth it just for the views. But it's definitely a different attitude.

    ReplyDelete