Thursday, August 6, 2009

Queenstown!!!!

Hello everyone! Sorry I'm super slow with the updating!! Leslie doesn't have Internet at her house so it's more a project to post on here. Also, I'm feeling pretty disconnected with the world!! But the Internet cafe is only $NZ 4 here so that's not so bad.

I arrived in Queenstown!!! (Clearly.) I've been here for three days now and it's definitely the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. Think of the most beautiful hike you've ever been on in CO and basically place a lake and a small mountain town at the top, surrounded by the most majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks imaginable and you have it. It's incredible. The town itself is kind of a European Breckenridge. Lots of little shops and restaurants and stuff.

We went skiing yesterday!! Definitely different than skiing in CO, but pretty awesome as well. A Swedish friend of Leslie's is leaving today so I bought her skiis off her which makes the whole process a little cheaper than renting gear every day.

Leslie had a dinner party thing at her house the other night where I got to meet a bunch of her friends. We cooked and ate and drank and I provided the music which of course I'm a bit proud of. Lol. It was nice. It definitely seems like the way to meet people here is through work so I'll have to try that at some point. For now my money is holding out pretty well. Adventure sports are expensive, but well worth it.

(Look away for this following part mom. ) We attempted to go bungy jumping the other day but they were all booked up so I think we are going to try again today. Should be fun!! The one I want to to do is called the Kawarau Bridge and it was the first bungy jump location in the world.

I actually haven't taken any pictures yet. I need to get on this whole acting like a tourist thing so you guys can see what I see!

It sounds like Leslie and Mary (her roommate) and I are going to drive to Christchurch next weekend before Leslie leaves and I will most likely stay there for a bit with Emily Zinn (my other friend from back home.) Other than that not much in the way of plans!!

Definitely missing everyone at home quite a bit. Love you all and hopefully will post again soon!! And I promise I'll work on this pictures thing.

Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment